[双语互译] 2013-06-07 奥巴马与习近平庄园会晤致辞

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-2-26 20:39:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
美国总统奥巴马和中国国家主席习近平在双边会谈前的致辞
森尼兰庄园
加利福利亚州棕榈泉
2013年6月7日

Remarks by President Obama and President Xi Jinping of the People's Republic of China Before Bilateral Meeting
Sunnylands Retreat
Palm Springs, California
June 07, 2013

PRESIDENT OBAMA:  Well, it gives me great pleasure to welcome President Xi back to the United States.  We first met during my visit to China in 2009, and I had the opportunity to welcome him to the Oval Office last year when he was still Vice President and a guest of Vice President Biden’s.

奥巴马总统:我很高兴欢迎习主席再次访问美国。我在2009年访问中国时我们第一次见面。去年,我有机会在椭圆形办公室欢迎他,当时他担任国家副主席,是副总统拜登的客人。

I think some of you may know that President Xi is no stranger to the United States.  He’s remembered fondly in Iowa, where he once visited and stayed with a local family, and on his trip last year, he had a chance to come to California -- including, I understand, going to a Lakers game, which I was very jealous of.  (Laughter.)

我想你们中的一些人也许知道,对美国来说习主席并不陌生。他在艾奥瓦州(Iowa)给人们留下了很好的印象。当年他访问该州,曾在当地一户家庭居住。去年他来访时,有机会到加利福尼亚州——包括,我知道,去看了一场湖人队的比赛,让我很羡慕。(笑声。)

President Xi just took office in March.  Our decision to meet so early, I think, signifies the importance of the U.S.-China relationship.  It’s important not only for the prosperity of our two countries and the security of our two countries, but it’s also important for the Asia Pacific region and important for the world.

习主席在3月份才就任新职。我认为,我们决定这么早就举行会晤说明了美中关系的重要性,不仅对我们两国的繁荣及两国的安全具有重要意义,而且对亚太地区(Asia Pacific)和整个世界都很重要。

And the importance of this relationship in some ways is reflected with this somewhat unusual setting that we are hosting the President in.  Our thought was that we would have the opportunity for a more extended and more informal conversation in which we were able to share both our visions for our respective countries and how we can forge a new model of cooperation between countries based on mutual interest and mutual respect.  I think both of us agree that continuous and candid and constructive conversation and communication is critically important to shaping our relationship for years to come.

在某种程度上,这种关系的重要性体现在我们为欢迎主席到来安排了这个有些不寻常的接待环境。我们的想法是,我们可以有机会进行更广泛和更不拘形式的交谈,能相互交换我们各自对国家的设想,以及我们如何能够构建国与国之间在互利和互相尊重的基础上进行合作的新模式。我认为我们双方都同意,继续进行坦诚和建设性的对话和沟通对于决定我们今后多年的关系至关重要。

And for my part, this will give me an opportunity to reiterate how the United States welcomes the continuing peaceful rise of China as a world power and that, in fact, it is in the United States’ interest that China continues on the path of success, because we believe that a peaceful and stable and prosperous China is not only good for Chinese but also good for the world and for the United States.

对我来说,这将给我一次机会重申,美国欢迎中国作为一个世界大国续续和平崛起。事实上,中国继续走向成功符合美国的利益。因为我们相信,中国的和平、稳定和繁荣不仅有利于中国,也有利于全世界和美国。

Of course, as two of the largest economies in the world, we’re going to have a healthy economic competition, but we also have a whole range of challenges on which we have to cooperate, from a nuclear North Korea -- or North Korea’s nuclear and missile programs -- to proliferation, to issues like climate change.

当然,作为全世界两个最大的经济体,我们将进行健康的经济竞争,但是我们也面临全方位的挑战,需要双方进行合作,从北韩核问题——北韩的核及导弹项目——到核不扩散和气候变化等问题。

And the United States seeks an international economy and international economic order where nations are playing by the same rules, where trade is free and fair, and where the United States and China work together to address issues like cybersecurity and the protection of intellectual property.

美国寻求的国际经济和国际经济秩序要求各国遵守共同的规则,进行自由和公平的贸易,使美国和中国共同解决网络安全和知识产权保护等问题。

In addition to the strategic concerns that we share and the economic challenges that each of our countries face, I will continue to emphasize the importance of human rights.  President Xi has spoken of a nation and a people that are committed to continuous self-improvement and progress, and history shows that upholding universal rights are ultimately a key to success and prosperity and justice for all nations.

除了我们共同的战略问题和各自面临的经济挑战之外,我将继续强调人权的重要性。习主席已经谈到,他的国家和人民正致力于继续自我完善和取得进步。历史表明,坚持普遍的权利最终是所有的国家实现成功、繁荣和公正的关键。

So I want to again welcome President Xi to the United States.  We’re very glad that he’s here.  Inevitably, there are areas of tension between our two countries, but what I’ve learned over the last four years is both the Chinese people and the American people want a strong, cooperative relationship, and that I think there’s a strong recognition on the part of both President Xi and myself that it is very much in our interest to work together to meet the global challenges that we face.  And I’m very much looking forward to this being a strong foundation for the kind of new model of cooperation that we can establish for years to come.

为此,我再次欢迎习主席访问美国。我们对习主席的到来感到非常高兴。在我们两国之间,不可避免地存在某些关系紧张的领域,但我在过去四年里了解到,中美两国人民都希望有一个牢固的合作关系。我认为习主席和我自己都强烈认识到,共同努力迎接我们面临的全球挑战十分符合相互间的利益。我非常期待这能够成为我们为今后多年构筑新型合作关系的牢固基石。

So welcome, and thank you very much for being here.

为此我们表示欢迎,十分感谢您的到来。

习主席:尊敬的奥巴马总统,很高兴与您会晤。我们正在举行的会晤可能早于人们原来的预期。人们曾认为我们可能会等到圣彼得堡20国集团峰会才举行会晤。但是我们已经来到这里。我感谢您的邀请。十分高兴与您在森尼兰安纳伯格庄园会晤。

PRESIDENT XI: Honorable President Obama, it’s my great pleasure to meet you.  We’re meeting with each other earlier than people might have expected.  They thought that we might have to wait until the Saint Petersburg G20 summit to meet with each other, but here we are.  I want to thank you for your invitation, and it’s my great pleasure to meet you here at Sunnylands, the Annenberg Estate.

这个地方很好,是阳光之乡,这里是离太平洋很近的地方,大洋彼岸就是中国。我去年访美时曾讲过,宽广的太平洋有足够空间容纳中美两个大国,我现在依然这样认为。

This is a wonderful place, a place of sunshine, and it’s very close to the Pacific Ocean.  And on the other side of the ocean is China.  When I visited the United States last year, I stated that the vast Pacific Ocean has enough space for the two large countries of China and the United States.  I still believe so.

总统先生,今天我们在这里举行会晤,主要目的就是为中美关系发展规划蓝图,开展跨越太平洋的合作。

And, Mr. President, we’re meeting here today to chart the future of China-U.S. relations and draw a blueprint for this relationship and continue our cooperation across the Pacific Ocean.

这让我们回想起40多年前发生的事。当年中美两国领导人以战略家的政治勇气和智慧,实现了跨越太平洋的握手,重新打开中美交往的大门。40多年来,中美关系历经风雨,取得了历史性进展,给两国人民和各国人民带来了巨大利益。

And this reminds us of what happened over 40 years ago when the leaders of China and the United States, with the strategists’ political courage and wisdom, realized a handshake across the Pacific Ocean and reopened the door of exchanges between China and the United States.  And in the more than 40 years since then, the China-U.S. relationship has gone through winds and rains and it made historical progress.  And our two peoples and the people elsewhere in the world have reaped huge benefits from this.

当前,中美关系又站在一个新的历史起点上。从各自国家经济发展到促进全球经济稳定复苏,从处理国际和地区热点问题到应对各种全球性挑战,两国都拥有重要的利益汇合点,都需要加强交流合作。

And at present, the China-U.S. relationship has reached a new historical starting point.  Our two countries have vast convergence of shared interests, from promoting our respective economic growth at home to ensuring the stability of the global economy; from addressing international and regional hotspot issues to dealing with all kinds of global challenges.  On all these issues, our two countries need to increase exchanges and cooperation.

新形势下,我们应该深入审视两国关系。我们需要一个什么样的中美关系?中美应该进行什么样的合作来实现共赢?中美应该怎样携手合作来促进世界和平与发展?这不仅是我们两国人民关注的事,也是国际社会关注的事。

And under the new environment, we need to take a close look at our bilateral relationship:  What kind of China-U.S.  relationship do we both want?  What kind of cooperation can our two nations carry out for mutual benefit?  And how can our two nations join together to promote peace and development in the world?  These are things that not just the people in our two countries are watching closely, but the whole world is also watching very closely.

我们双方应该从两国人民根本利益出发,从人类发展进步着眼,创新思维,积极行动,共同推动构建新型大国关系。

Both sides should proceed from the fundamental interests of our peoples and bear in mind human development and progress.  We need to think creatively and act energetically so that working together we can build a new model of major country relationship.

奥巴马总统,我期待着与您就双方共同关心的重大战略性问题进行广泛深入沟通,加深相互了解,促进全面合作。相信在双方共同努力下,这次会晤将取得重要积极成果,为今后一个时期中美关系发展注入新活力。

President Obama, I look forward to having in-depth communication with you on major strategic issues of common interest to deepen our mutual understanding and to push forward all-round cooperation.  I’m confident that our meeting will achieve positive outcomes and inject fresh momentum into the China-U.S. relationship.

谢谢您。

Thank you.

PRESIDENT OBAMA:  Thank you very much, everybody.

奥巴马总统:非常感谢您,多谢诸位。

↓下载资源↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-26 22:06:23 | 显示全部楼层
求积分 求能看视频
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-28 11:15:58 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-5-16 09:27:49 | 显示全部楼层
很感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-6-9 15:19:37 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-1-23 21:44:53 | 显示全部楼层
x谢谢分享!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-1-24 13:28:55 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-1-24 16:54:50 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-6-15 13:54:03 | 显示全部楼层
奥巴马与习近平庄园会晤致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-6-15 14:04:18 | 显示全部楼层
奥巴马与习近平庄园会晤致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 16:47 , Processed in 0.051837 second(s), 19 queries .