立即注册
CATTI英语一二三级口笔译备考课基础口译课:职业译员带你系统学口译实战口译笔记法:从精通到入行同声传译:职业译员同传实战入门
点击购买获取口译网网站注册邀请码口译自己怎么练 微信就能天天练!独家口译教学训练备考实战精华语料库关注口译网公众号 订阅最新口译资料
查看: 36165|回复: 41

[时政] 2018-04-16 威廉王子在英联邦欢迎招待会上的演讲

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-4-24 22:52:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
A speech delivered by The Duke of Cambridge at the Commonwealth Welcome Reception
Queen Elizabeth II Centre
16 April 2018

剑桥公爵在英联邦欢迎招待会上的演讲
英国女王伊丽莎白二世中心
2018年4月16日

↓回帖查看播放密码↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

↓回帖下载视频及双语全文↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Your Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen.

各位阁下,女士们,先生们:

It is a huge pleasure to be here at the QE2 Centre at the start of this historic Commonwealth week in London and Windsor.

非常高兴在伦敦和温莎举行的英联邦周开幕之际,来到英国女王伊丽莎白二世中心与大家见面。

It is very easy at the start of a week like this, when so many Heads of Government are gathering, to believe that the summit and its communiqués and statements are all that the Commonwealth is about.

我们用今天这样的方式开启了本周,如此多的政府首脑欢聚一堂,我相信接下来的首脑会议及其公报和声明都是英联邦所关注的。

The Commonwealth, I am pleased to say, is a lot more than that.

我很高兴地说,英联邦还不仅仅是这些。

First of all, let me pay tribute to our Australian friends, who have just put on the most fantastic festival of sport with the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast.  And well done for topping the medals table – obviously everyone in the United Kingdom is just thrilled for you.

首先,让我向我们的澳大利亚朋友表示敬意,他们刚刚在黄金海岸举办了最棒的英联邦运动会,并且在奖牌榜上名列前茅 - 很明显,所有英国人都为你们感到高兴。

But the Commonwealth is a lot more than even politics and sports.  When the question is asked, as it sometimes is: what makes the Commonwealth unique?  I answer with great confidence that it is you who make the Commonwealth unique.

但英联邦远远不止于政治和体育。大家有时会有这样的问题:英联邦的独特之处是什么?我可以非常自信地回答他,让联邦独一无二的就是你。

The Commonwealth has rightly been described as "the mother of all networks".  There is no other organisation on earth that marries politics with the civil society and the networks that the Forums represent.

人们恰当地将英联邦描述为“所有关系之母”。世界上没有其他组织能像英联邦一样,将政治与公民社会,以及论坛所代表的这种关系如此地结合在一起。

And you are just the tip of the iceberg: there is a huge number of organisations representing every profession and walk of life who network across the Commonwealth – scientists, archivists, activists, medics, museums, universities, commerce – I could go on.   These bodies, and your work in these Forums, bring a world that needs more communication, not less, together.  What this gathering represents is a connection based on empathy, compassion and a shared desire to make our world a better place.

而这还只是冰山一角:联邦里有大量代表各行各业的组织 -- 科学家,档案管理员,活动家,医务人员,博物馆,大学,商业 -- 我可以说出很多。这些机构以及你们在这些论坛上的工作,意味着这是一个需要更多沟通而不是相反的世界。这次会议所代表的正是这样一种关系,基于同情和同理心,以及创造更加美好世界的共同愿望。

There is no other network on earth that even comes close to this – we must make the most of it, cherish it, and protect it for the generations to come, who will build on it.

世界上没有任何其他组织可以接近这一点 -- 我们必须充分利用它,珍惜它,保护它,传给世世代代。

And let's start this week – you represent millions of diverse voices, so use your combined intellect and creativity to challenge the status quo and to push the boundaries of what the Commonwealth is capable of.

让我们从本周就开始。你们代表数百万不同的声音,所以请用你们的智慧和创造力来挑战现状,开发英联邦的潜力。

I hope tonight's event speaks to this sense of togetherness and creativity, an approach to the world which is open and recognises shared experience. You will see around you many of the inventions and products which represent the very best of British ingenuity.

我希望今晚的活动能够体现这种团结和创造的精神,塑造开放和共享的世界,你们会在周围看到许多代表英国独创精神的发明和产品。

Tonight the organisers, representing Britain, have tried to focus on those ideas forged through partnerships across the Commonwealth – illustrating exactly this point.

今晚代表英国的组织者,已经试图将重点放在通过英联邦各地的合作伙伴关系建立的这些想法上,这正好说明了这一点。

My purpose here on stage tonight is to welcome you to the United Kingdom, and I am delighted to do so.  If I may, though my duty is to formally welcome you on behalf of the whole country, I wanted to extend a personal note of welcome too.   During the course of this week, across all the different events, you will be seeing a lot of the Royal Family.

我今晚站在台上的目的是欢迎你们来到英国,我很高兴这样做。尽管我的职责是代表整个国家正式欢迎诸位,但如果可以的话,我也想表达一下个人的欢迎。在这一周的许多不同的活动上,你们会看到很多皇室的成员。

For us in the Royal Family, supporting The Queen who has dedicated her life loyally and without fail to the Commonwealth is an enormous honour.

对于我们王室成员来说,对忠诚奉献于英联邦的女王的全力支持是一种巨大的荣誉。

We hope, above all, that you prosper from your time together this week and that your sense of family deepens.   It is a great pleasure for me and for all of the family to share your week with you.

最重要的是,我们希望这一周里大家都能过得充实,感受到大家庭的热温暖。对于我和所有王室成员来说,与你们共度这一周是我们的巨大荣幸。

So, welcome.  We have five extraordinary days before us, with over five thousand people here in London from every corner of our Commonwealth family.

所以,欢迎大家。我们将会一起度过接下来不平凡的五天,与来自英联邦大家庭各个地方的五千余人相聚伦敦。

Have a good evening; and a very good week.

祝各位晚上愉快,拥有美好的一周。

↓回帖下载视频及双语全文↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-4-25 15:34:58 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-6-1 23:48:36 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
Ninhao您好您好
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-6-5 13:18:08 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-8-20 11:46:11 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-8-21 15:23:40 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-9-2 22:53:09 | 显示全部楼层
wfsghghdfxhdf
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-9-4 18:10:12 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-9-16 10:51:27 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-9-16 20:41:18 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 20:38 , Processed in 0.049786 second(s), 19 queries .