[片段] 白岩松耶鲁大学演讲节选

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2019-9-6 09:45:32 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载音频及双语全文:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

2008这一年,我四十岁。这一年也是中国梦非常明显的一年。它就像全世界所有的伟大的梦想都要注定要遭受很多的挫折一样显现出来。无论是期待了很久的北京奥运会,还是神舟七号中国人第一次在太空当中行走,那都是很多年前我们期待了很久的一个梦想。

In 2008, I was 40. This was a year in which the Chinese Dream showed clearly. After encountering many setbacks as any grand dream in the world is destined to, it came through. Whether it was the long-awaited Beijing Olympics, or the first spacewalk by a Chinese aboard the Shenzhou 7, these were all dreams which we have waited for a long time since a long time ago.

但是,突如其来的四川大地震,让这一切都变得没有我们期待中的那么美好。八万个生命的离开,让整个2008年中国人度日如年。不说我都猜得到,我猜得到在耶鲁校园里头,在每一个网页、电视以及报纸的前面,也有很多的来自中国的人,以及世界各地的人们,为这些生命流下眼泪。

But the sudden Sichuan Earthquake made all this not as magnificent as we had expected. Eighty-thousand lives departed, and made every day of 2008 seem like a year. I’m guessing that on Yale’s campus, on every web site, in front of television and newspapers, were also many people from China, and people in all parts of the world, who shed tears for these lost lives.

但是就像四十年前马丁路德金先生倒下,却让“我有一个梦想”这句话站得更高,站得更久,站得更加让人觉得极其有价值一样,更多的中国人也明白了梦想很重要,但是生命更重要。

Just like forty years ago when Mr. Martin Luther King fell but allowed the words “I have a dream” to stand higher, more enduring, and seem ever more valuable, more Chinese people also came to understand that dreams are important, but lives are even more so.

在北京奥运会期间,我度过了自己的四十岁的生日。那一天我感慨万千,因为时间进入到我的生日那一天的时候,我在直播精彩的比赛。二十四小时之后,当这个时间要走出我生日这一天的时候,我也依然在直播。但是这一天我觉得我非常的幸运。因为正是这样一个特殊的在北京奥运会期间的四十岁,让我意识到了我的故事背后的中国梦。

During the Olympics, I passed my own fortieth birthday. That day I was full of emotional thoughts, because when the day of my birthday approached, I was broadcasting an exciting competition. Twenty-four hours later, when my birthday was passing, I was still broadcasting. But that day I felt very fortunate. Because it was such a special fortieth birthday at the Beijng Olympics that made me realize the Chinese Dream behind my personal story.

正是在这样的四十年的时间里头,我从一个根本不可能有梦想的,一个遥远边疆的一个小城市里的孩子,变成了一个可以在全人类欢聚的一个大的节日里头,分享以及传播这种快乐的新闻人,这是一个在中国发生的故事。

It was in this kind of forty years that I went from a far-away border-town kid who had no possibility of having a dream, to a newsman who could be at a big festival celebrated with all of humanity and who could communicate and share the happiness with them. This was a life story that took place in China.

去看十三亿个非常普通的中国人,他们并不宏大的梦想,改变命运的那种冲动,依然善良的性格和勤奋的那种品质。今天的中国是由刚才的这些词汇构成。

Look at 1.3 billion very ordinary Chinese, their down-to-earth dreams, their impulsive drive to change their fates, their still kindhearted temperament, and their diligent character. Today’s China is made up of these words I just spoke.

在过去的很多年里头,中国人看美国,似乎在用望远镜看。美国所有的美好的东西,都被这个望远镜放大。经常有人说美国怎么怎么样,美国怎么怎么样,你看我们这儿什么时候能这样。

In the past many years, Chinese seemed to be looking at America through a telescope. So everything good that is in America was magnified by this telescope. Frequently people mentioned America was like this and like that, then look at us, when can we be like that.

就像很多很多年之前,在中国所有的城市里流行着一种叫加州牛肉面,加利福尼亚牛肉面。相当多的中国人都认为,美国来的东西一定非常非常好吃。所以他们都去吃了。即使没那么好吃的话,由于觉得这是美国来的,也没有批评。这个连锁的快餐店在中国存在了很多年,直到有越来越多的中国人来到美国,在加州四处寻找加州牛肉面,但是一家都没有找到的时候,越来越多的中国人知道,加州是没有这种牛肉面的。于是这个连锁店在中国,现在处于陆续消失的过程当中。你看,这就是一种差异。但是当人来人往之后,这样的一种误读就会越来越少。

Just like many many years ago, in every city of China there was this popular “California Beef Noodle” shop. Many Chinese all thought, anything from America was definitely very very tasty. So they all went to eat. Although it was not very tasty, they didn’t complain because they knew it was from America. This fast-food chain existed in China for many years, until more and more Chinese people came to America, and searched every corner of California for a California Beef Noodle shop, and could not find a single one. Only then did more and more Chinese know that California doesn’t have such beef noodle, so this chain store in China is in the process of disappearing. This is the kind of discrepancy I am talking about. As we come and go, such misunderstandings will be fewer and fewer.

在过去的好多年里头,美国人似乎也在用望远镜在看中国,但是我猜测可能拿反了。因为他们看到的是一个缩小了的、错误不断的、有众多问题的一个中国。他们忽视了十三亿非常普通的中国人,改变命运的这种冲动和欲望,使这个国家发生了如此巨大的变化。但是我也一直有一个梦想。为什么要用望远镜来看彼此?

In the past many years, Americans also seemed to be looking at China through a telescope, but I am guessing they held it backwards. Because what they saw was a diminished, always-doing-wrong, full-of-problems China. They overlooked 1.3 very ordinary Chinese people and this impulsive drive and urge of theirs to change their fate, which caused such huge transformations in our country. But I also always had this dream: why do we need to use telescopes to look at each other?

所以最后我只想再说一句。四十年前,当马丁路德金先生倒下的时候,他的那句话“我有一个梦想”传遍了全世界。但是,一定要知道,不仅仅有一个英文版的“我有一个梦想”。在遥远的东方,在一个几千年延续下来的中国,也有一个梦想。它不是宏大的口号,并不是在政府那里存在,它是属于每一个非常普通的中国人。而它用中文写成“我有一个梦想”。

So lastly I just want to say one thing again. Forty years ago, when Mr. Martin Luther King fell down, his words “I have a dream” spread across the world. But, you must know that there is not just an English version of “I have a dream.” In the distant East, in the China that has held on for thousands of years, there is also a dream. It isn’t a grandiose slogan, it doesn’t lie with the government. It belongs to every ordinary Chinese. It is “I have a dream” written in Chinese.
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2019-9-9 19:48:17 | 只看该作者
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2019-9-12 16:10:10 | 只看该作者
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2019-10-20 22:39:03 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2020-3-15 11:18:32 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2020-3-16 14:05:17 | 只看该作者
参与/回复主题关闭
RE: 白岩松耶鲁大学演讲节选 [修改]
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2020-3-22 23:06:17 | 只看该作者
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2020-3-23 11:16:23 | 只看该作者
this is what I needed
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2020-3-31 10:54:15 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2020-7-23 21:47:05 | 只看该作者
感谢分享!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 16:30 , Processed in 0.054192 second(s), 20 queries .