[环境] 2021-04-22 美国总统拜登领导人气候峰会开幕式致辞

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2021-5-24 10:48:22 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整视频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Remarks by President Biden at the Virtual Leaders Summit on Climate Opening Session
April 22, 2021

美国总统拜登在气候问题领导人峰会网络会议开幕式上的致辞
2021年4月22日

Thank you, Madam Vice President.

谢谢你,副总统女士。

Good morning to all of our colleagues around the world – the world leaders who are taking part in this summit. I thank you. You know, your leadership on this issue is a statement to the people of your nation and to the people of every nation, especially our young people that we’re ready to meet this moment. And meeting this moment is about more than preserving our planet; it’s also about providing a better future for all of us.

来自世界各地的全体同仁——出席这次峰会的世界领导人,早上好。我对诸位表示感谢。你们都知道,你们在这个问题上的领导作用是对你们本国人民和每一个国家的人民,特别是我们的年轻一代发出的呼声,表示我们已为迎接时势的考验做好准备。这项考验不仅关系到保护我们的星球,而且还关系到为我们所有的人提供更好的未来。

That’s why, when people talk about climate, I think jobs. Within our climate response lies an extraordinary engine of job creation and economic opportunity ready to be fired up. That’s why I’ve proposed a huge investment in American infrastructure and American innovation to tap the economic opportunity that climate change presents our workers and our communities, especially those too often that have – left out and left behind.

所以,当人们谈到气候问题时,我想到了工作机会。我们应对气候问题的行动孕育了创造工作机会和激发经济机会的非同寻常的动力。所以,我提议为美国基础设施和美国的发明创造进行巨额投资,抓住气候变化为我们的工人和我们的社区提供的经济机会,特别是为那些往往被遗忘和处于落后状态的人们。

I’d like to buil- – I want to build a – a critical infrastructure to produce and deploy clean technology – both those we can harness today and those that we’ll invent tomorrow.

我希望建设能够生产和发展清洁技术的基础设施,不仅包括我们今天能够利用的技术,而且涉及我们明天发明的技术。

I talked to the experts, and I see the potential for a more prosperous and equitable future.  The signs are unmistakable. The science is undeniable. But the cost of inaction is – keeps mounting.

我曾与专家们进行交谈,看到未来可能更繁荣和更平等的前景。种种迹象已彰名昭著。科学已无可争辩。但是无所作为的代价正日益沉重。

The United States isn’t waiting. We are resolving to take action – not only the – our federal government, but our cities and our states all across our country; small businesses, large businesses, large corporations; American workers in every field.

美国没有止步不前。我们决心采取行动,不仅是我们的联邦政府,而且包括我们全国上下各城镇和州县;小型企业、大型企业、大型公司;美国各行各业的工人队伍。

I see an opportunity to create millions of good-paying, middle-class, union jobs.

我看到有机会可以创造数百万报酬良好、中产阶级的受工会保护的工作。

I see line workers laying thousands of miles of transmission lines for a clean, modern, resilient grid.

我看到线路工人为清洁、现代化和适应力强的电网铺设数千英里的输电线。

I see workers capping hundreds of thousands of abandoned oil and gas wells that need to be cleaned up, and abandoned coalmines that need to be reclaimed, putting a stop to the methane leaks and protecting the health of our communities.

我看到工人们关闭成千上万个需要清理的废旧石油和天然气钻井,停用需要重新回收利用的煤矿,堵住甲烷的泄露,努力保护我们各社区的健康。

I see autoworkers building the next generation of electric vehicles, and electricians installing nationwide for 500,000 charging stations along our highways.

我看到汽车工人建造下一代电动车辆,电器工人在全国各地沿高速公路建立500,000 个充电站。

I see engine – the engineers and the construction workers building new carbon capture and green hydrogen plants to forge cleaner steel and cement and produce clean power.

我看到工程师和建筑工人们建造新的碳捕捉和绿色氢气工厂,生产更清洁的钢铁和水泥,提供清洁电力。

I see farmers deploying cutting-edge tools to make soil of our – of our Heartland the next frontier in carbon innovation.

我看到农业从业人员采用尖端工具,使我国腹地成为下一个碳创新的前沿。

By maintaining those investments and putting these people to work, the United States sets out on the road to cut greenhouse gases in half – in half by the end of this decade. That’s where we’re headed as a nation, and that’s what we can do if we take action to build an economy that’s not only more prosperous, but healthier, fairer, and cleaner for the entire planet.

通过维持这些投资,让人们发挥才干,美国确定了将温室气体排放降低一半——在这个10年结束时削减一半的方向。这就是我们作为一个国家努力的方向,也是我们为了建设不仅使整个地球更繁荣,而且更健康、更公平和更清洁的经济需要进行的努力。

You know, these steps will set America on a path of net-zero emissions economy by no later than 2050. But the truth is, America represents less than 15 percent of the world’s emissions. No nation can solve this crisis on our own, as I know you all fully understand. All of us, all of us – and particularly those of us who represent the world’s largest economies – we have to step up.

要知道,这些步骤将使美国走向不迟于在2050年实现净零排放经济。但现实是,美国占全球排放量的不到15%。我知道你们各位完全懂得,没有一个国家能靠自己化解这一危机。我们所有国家,我们所有国家——特别是我们这些世界上的最大经济体——都必须加大努力。

You know, those that do take action and make bold investments in their people and clean energy future will win the good jobs of tomorrow, and make their economies more resilient and more competitive.

要知道,那些确实采取行动对自己的人民和清洁能源未来进行大胆投资的国家将成为明天好工作的赢家,他们的经济将更有韧力和竞争力。

So let’s run that race; win more – win more sustainable future than we have now; overcome the existential crisis of our times. We know just how critically important that is because scientists tell us that this is the decisive decade. This is the decade we must make decisions that will avoid the worst consequences of a climate crisis. We must try to keep the Earth’s temperature and – to an increase of – to 1.5 degrees Celsius.

所以,让我们来开展这场竞赛;赢得更——赢得比我们今天更可持续的未来;战胜我们时代的生存危机。我们知道这是多么至关重要,因为科学家告诉我们,这是一个决定性的十年。这是我们必须为避免气候危机的最恶劣后果拿出决定的十年。我们必须努力保持地球温度——使上升幅度限在1.5摄氏度内。

You know, the world beyond 1.5 degrees means more frequent and intense fires, floods, droughts, heat waves, and hurricanes tearing through communities, ripping away lives and livelihoods, increasingly dire impacts to our public health.

要知道,世界超过1.5度意味着会发生更频繁和更严重的火灾、水灾、干旱、热浪,飓风横扫社区,摧毁生命和谋生手段,给公共健康造成越来越恶劣的影响。

It’s undeniable and undevi- – you know, the idea of accelerating and the reality that will come if we don’t move. We can’t resign ourselves to that future. We have to take action, all of us.

要知道,对一切在加速的认识和对如果我们无动于衷将出现什么样的现实是无法否认的。我们不能听任接受那种未来。我们必须采取行动,我们所有人。

And this summit is our first step on the road we’ll travel together – God willing, all of us – to and through Glasgow this November and the U.N. Climate Conference – the Climate Change Conf- – Conference, you know, to set our world on a path to a secure, prosperous, and sustainable future. The health of communities throughout the world depends on it. The wellbeing of our workers depends on it. The strength of our economies depends on it.

这个峰会是我们将共同前进的第一步——如果如愿以偿,我们所有国家——今年11月将到达和通过格拉斯哥(Glasgow),联合国气候大会——气候变化大会,让我们的世界走上通向一个有保障的、繁荣和可持续的未来的道路。世界各地社区的健康有赖于它。我们工人的福祉有赖于它。我们各个经济体的实力有赖于它。

The countries that take decisive action now to create the industries of the future will be the ones that reap the economic benefits of the clean energy boom that’s coming.

在现在采取决定性行动进而创立未来行业的国家,将会收获即将到来的清洁能源大发展所带来的经济效益。

You know, we’re here at this summit to discuss how each of us, each country, can set higher climate ambitions that will in turn create good-paying jobs, advance innovative technologies, and help vulnerable countries adapt to climate impacts.

要知道,我们来到这个峰会是要讨论我们每个人,每个国家如何可以树立更高的气候目标,从而创造收入优良的工作,推进创新技术,并且帮助易受影响的国家应对气候影响。

We have to move. We have to move quickly to meet these challenges. The steps our countries take between now and Glasgow will set the world up for success to protect livelihoods around the world and keep global warming at a maximum of 1.5 degrees Celsius. We must get on the path now in order to do that.

我们必须行动。我们必须迅速行动来迎接这些挑战。我们各国在从现在到格拉斯哥的这段时间里所采取的步骤将为世界获得成功打下基础,进而保护全球各地的生计,并将全球变暖的幅度保持在最大不超过1.5摄氏度。为此我们必须现在起步。

If we do, we’ll breathe easier, literally and figuratively; we’ll create good jobs here at home for millions of Americans; and lay a strong foundation for growth for the future. And – and that – that can be your goal as well. This is a moral imperative, an economic imperative, a moment of peril, but also a moment of extraordinary possibilities.

如果我们这样做,我们将来会呼吸得更舒畅,无论是从字面意义说,还是用作比喻都是这样;我们将在国内为数百万美国人创造良好的工作;并为将来的发展奠定有力基础。而这——这也能够是你们的目标。这是道义所必须,是经济所必须,既是一个危险关头,也是一个具有非凡可能性的时刻。

Time is short, but I believe we can do this. And I believe that we will do this.

时间有限,但我相信我们能够做到。我相信我们将要做到。

Thank you for being part of the summit. Thank you for the communities that you – and the commitments you have made, the communities you’re from. God bless you all.

感谢你们参加峰会。感谢你们的社区——你们作出的承诺,你们代表的社区。上帝保佑各位。

I look forward to progress that we can make together today and beyond. We really have no choice. We have to get this done.

我期待着我们今天和今后将能共同取得进展。我们确实别无选择。我们必须将它完成。
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2021-5-25 23:31:16 | 只看该作者
hfffffffffff
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2021-6-2 16:51:47 | 只看该作者
Thanks for sharing.
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2021-6-4 10:12:37 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2021-6-18 22:33:57 | 只看该作者
美国总统拜登在气候问题领导
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2021-6-24 22:33:58 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2021-7-10 11:38:17 | 只看该作者
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2021-7-11 23:21:57 | 只看该作者
feichang 感谢!

next step
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2021-9-16 15:23:48 | 只看该作者
thx for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2021-10-27 17:23:04 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 09:16 , Processed in 0.063160 second(s), 18 queries .