[时政] 2022-09-06 英国工党党首斯塔默就保守党新首相发表讲话

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2022-10-25 09:27:26 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整视频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

This week, we get our fourth Tory prime minister in 12 years. But so many people are asking, what have we got to show for those 12 years?

本周,我们得到了12年来的第四任保守党首相。但很多人都在问,这12年我们得到了什么?

Across Britain, today, people can’t pay their bills. They’re worried about doing even the weekly shop or filling up their car with fuel.

今天,在英国各地,人们无法支付账单,甚至每周去购一次物或者给车加油都成了负担。

There’s a general sense that nothing is really working anymore. And neither of the candidates to be prime minister had any answer to those issues. They argued that the British people are not working hard enough. How insulting is that? Their arguments all summer have been alien, so out of touch with what so many people have been going through

大家普遍认为,一切都运转不起来了。两位首相候选人都没有这些问题的答案。他们认为,英国人民工作不够努力。这有多侮辱人?他们整个夏天的争论都是置身事外的,与这么多人所经历的严重脱节。

In the Labour Party, we know whose side we’re on. And if I were going into Downing Street this week, I’d have clear common-sense priorities. We have to fix the immediate crisis. We have to put in place Labour’s energy price freeze and pay for it with a windfall tax on oil and gas companies. But we also have to address the wider issues.

在工党,我们知道站在谁一边。如果是我这周去唐宁街,我会有明确的常识性优先事项。我们必须解决眼前的危机。我们必须将工党提出的冻结能源价格提上日程,并对石油和天然气公司征收意外所得税。但我们还必须解决更广泛的问题。

When I hear stories about people waiting hours for an ambulance or unable to get into hospital, that makes me so angry that the government has allowed the NHS to get into such a state of disrepair. We have to address that. We have to fix that. We’ve got to do it urgently.

当我听到人们等待救护车或无法入院的故事时,我非常生气,政府怎么能让国家医疗系统陷入如此失灵的状态?我们必须解决这个问题。我们必须修复这个问题。我们必须立即去做。

But also, when I hear stories of victims of crimes, rape, serious sexual abuse having to wait years for justice, and I know, as a former Director of Public Prosecution, the impact that will have on those individuals and on those families.

但是,当我听到犯罪、强奸、严重性虐待的受害者不得不等待多年才能伸张正义时,作为前检察长,我清楚这对那些个人和家庭会产生多么大的影响。

Labour would never let that happen. We will have police community hubs. We will have a preventative approach. We will always put the victim at the center of our criminal justice system.

工党永远不会让这种事情发生。我们将有社区警察中心。我们将采取预防性措施。我们将始终将受害者置于刑事司法系统的中心位置。

So, I congratulate the new prime minister on taking up office. But the change we need in Britain is not a change at the top of the Tory Party; not more of the same tired, old policies that got us into the mess in the first place. Only Labour can offer Britain the fresh start that we all deserve.

因此,我祝贺新首相就职。但我们在英国所需要的改变并不是保守党高层的改变;不是那些一开始就让我们陷入困境的疲惫、过时的政策。只有工党才能带给英国新未来。
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2022-10-27 18:31:57 | 只看该作者
英国工党党首斯塔默就保守党新首相发表讲话
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2023-8-10 09:46:48 | 只看该作者
xiexiexiexiexiexiexiexie
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 05:57 , Processed in 0.070745 second(s), 18 queries .